For any home golf practice, you need a fundamental piece of equipment the golf mat. Using the best golf hitting mat will ensure you get the most out of your practice all year round. On the other hand, using an inappropriate mat can leave you with a broken golf club and a disappointing feeling
They are amazing training aids to improve your swing and there is no need to worry about the weather as you can hit golf balls at home. The golf mats reviewed here are reliable, made from quality material, and is sure to become your best friend.
Reviews of the Best Golf Hitting Mats
Table of Contents
When practicing your swing at home the first and most important thing is you want to create is the feeling of playing on a golf course. This is where the material used to make the mat’s important. Always make sure to buy one with the most natural feel as the density of different mats vary from one to another.
The majority of the reviewed driving range mats available here, are made with Astro-turf tops of foam rubber and is tougher plus denser than the real thing. If you prefer using a rubber-based mat, choose one with the thickest rubber, as it will give you a better feel. Here are some of the high-end models available on the market.
This is great to practice with your driver and woods and you can throw away the plastic tee as it feels as if you are out on the course. Hit off a clean lie as it helps you to keeps your feet and shoulders apart at the correct width. The Rukket Mat Attach is quick to setup and measures 40 x 62 cm.
Further, the mat includes a 16mm fairway turf, 35mm tee turf, and 35mm rough turf with a 2mm rubber base. There is no need of choking down on your golf club, as the ball will not be sitting high.
- Allows your clubhead to divot without bouncing off the golf mat
- Just as stiff as range mats
- The lie mat absorbs a lot of the force with the rubber backing
- The rough mat gives a realistic play
- For a child using the mat for chipping, it can be difficult as they cannot reach the middle rough so it’ll need to be rotated
The driving mat can be used in the backyard or indoors to improve your golfing skills. The mat measures 12 x 24-inches and has a free rubber Tee. In addition, the grass is synthetic and looks like the real thing. It is suitable for beginners to casual golfers.
The material used to make the mat is nylon and with your purchase, you receive a TEE length of Tee: 2.1”.
- The Tee is good and made of quality material
- Great for practicing hitting
- Works great with using a driver, fairway wood, and iron
The driving range mat measures 16 x 8-inches and has a durable rubber backing for shock absorption to protect your golf club. With the heavyweight, the mat does not slide around on impact. Further, there is a patented Tee holder and does not include the rubber TEE you need to buy it separately.
- Solid build
- Thick and heavy
- Wide enough swing path
- Great to use outdoors and indoors
- Can move around a bit while being used.
For practicing your Tee shots, Rough shot, and Fairway shots, you can achieve this with the Fairway/Rough Practice Mat. The Jef World practice mat is made of heavy-duty synthetic grass and has a durable rubber base. The Golf hitting mat measures 12 x 24-inches.
Included with your purchase is a three assorted Tees one by ½ Tee and two by ⅛ Tee.
- Great for beginner golfers
- Suitable for using indoors and outdoors
- The Tee-off plastic things break easily
The putting green has a kidney-shaped design with high-quality putting surface and built-in sand trap cutouts. Further, it has three practice cup cutouts and measures 3 x 9 feet. The green is a great training aid for practicing your putting stroke.
- Lays down flat immediately when removed from the box
- The balls actually fall into holes for a realistic play and returns automatically
- The holes deep enough to realistically cup the ball
- Rolls up perfectly for storage
- Has a non-slip grip preventing the mat from moving around
Included with your purchase you receive three Tees for hitting with an oversized driver, irons, and fairway woods. The hitting mat has a short fairway surface that gives you a feeling of playing on closely mowed grass. While the longer rough surface is the same as a buried lie.
The mat measures 1 x 2 feet and you can use it anywhere while swinging your golf club. The grass feels realistic and it has a non-slip rubber base.
- Great for kids to practice on
- Suitable to use in small spaces
- Gives you a realistic feel
- Depending on your handicap while playing golf this mat may not serve the purpose intended
The combo set includes a 7-foot hitting net with launch zone, mat, and a Pro caddie ball feeder. The netting frame is made from reinforced fibreglass with a 4-point cross base design to add stability. The netting is made from premium material and the launch zone has a true turf surface.
Further, it has a rubber base preventing it from sliding around when used and includes a Tee holder measuring 16×8. The Pro caddie holds up to 35 balls and feeds one ball at a time.
- Great for the avid golfer to use
- Cheaper than a driving range membership
- Can tear if not used on the correct surface
If you want to save on membership fees at a driving range, using the best golf-hitting mat can save you loads in the end. These mats are great to use anywhere at home and come highly recommended by different users. They are affordable and help you with your drives, iron shots and your short game. If you prefer practicing at home, you can look at our other reviews available here and choose the best golf practice nets available on the market.